Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Share auto

I dont know who came up with the idea of a share auto. Bloody brilliant I say. Worked out in my favor. I travel in about 30 bux as my cumulative expenditure to and fro. To a normal auto I would have to shell out 180 bux per day!! So Mr.Share auto concept inventor, aapko mera salaam :-)

Everyday I travel in this three wheeled contraption and it is quite an experience. Not in a good way or a bad way.. but through this journey, I come across such different types of people. Of course I have to ignore the mind rattling noise and the constant shoving and pushing of the fat aunty sitting almost always 'co-incidentally' next to me! What am I ?? Do I have a board on my head that says 'Feel free to sit next to me and squeeze my ass to pulp'??? Apparently I do :-(

I guess I have seen almost all the types of drivers that are out there.. The grumpy ones, the friendly ones, the 'dont argue with me .. I am GOD' ones, the polite ones (RARE as hell!), the rash ones, the not so rash ones, the 'I love potholes.. so I am gonna give you guys a bumpy ride' ones and the tortoises (who dont even need an excuse to slow down). Personally, I dont even know which ones I like. Each one suits my convenience according to my need to reach the destination.

People in the auto.. Well, its an ocean! So many different kinds of people.
  • The accomodating ones - However little space there is, the try and create some more for u, so u can be comfortable.
  • The barkers - They act like the share auto runs only for them. They dont like it when he stops to pick up another passenger on the way. The instantaneously start hurling abuses.
  • The rocks - They dont move!!! They just sit near the entrance, whether they get down in the last stop or the next stop. They refuse to freakin budge!
  • The ploppers - The people who fall under this category just dont care how much place they have, they will just plop themselves so hard that their ass is literally on your hand! They will conveniently squeeze themselves even into half an inch and make others manage with minimalistic space.
  • They homos - In a 4 seater, even if two get down, they will be stuck to you. They will not move and make space. They love u for the wrong reasons. Yuck
  • The liberalists - These women under the pretext of being totally open to the concept of men and women sharing a seat, squeeze the poor man into the corner and make him so self conscious of his vulnerability that the guy is forced to get down in the next stop. Talk about adam-teasing!

It is quite wonderful to come across so many people and develop likes/dislikes in a matter of 30 minutes. Quite a harrowing experience as well coz u need to cling on to your dear life to survive the journey :-) All I can say is Hail Share Autos and Cheers to an experience that is LIFE!

..p..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am wondering which category do i fit in :P

Anonymous said...

was wondering how you manage in a share auto considering your height... ?

Priya said...

@Tauseef - No comment :D

@Vipin - He he :) thankfully thats not a constraint..

PreethZzZ said...

Hehehe..wow what an experience! Last time I came to India we almost caught a share auto but the only problem is they didn't cover our routes. Its a mini bus according to Indian standards so I can just imagine all the saga. ;0

Abhinav said...

I thought , you had a scooty

Priya said...

@Abhinav - Scooty is there.. but had 2 accidents.. mom said she will kill me if I touch it :(