Monday, March 2, 2009

The curious case of Benjamin Button




I watched the movie last night and I liked it. The movie is pretty long.. 2 and half hours to be precise. But I think the director needed that time to fully convey the essence of the character. Every character holds some significance to Benjamin .. The woman who plays the piano, the man who gets hit by lightining, Queenie.. they all add up to his personality. The summation of their experiences makes Benjamin a better person.


The character has beautifully evolved from a child trapped in the body of an old man to an old man trapped in the body of a child. The fact that Benjamin is fully aware of his condition is reflected in his maturity when he decides to leave his wife and kid.


Pros:


  • Brad Pitt..Brad Pitt..Brad Pitt..Brad Pitt..Brad Pitt..Brad Pitt..!!!! He is hot when he grows younger.. simply HOT!

  • Brilliant acting by almost everyone. Even the little girl who plays Daisy.

  • Good casting

  • Well written dialogues.

  • Interesting plot.

  • Incredible make-up!! Highly applaudable.

Cons:


  • Length of the movie. Which also is not a con... as I said, you need that much time to understand the character.

Oscar material for sure. I think its high time Leonardo Di Caprio and Brad Pitt win an oscar. They are highly talented actors. Plus they are deliciously hot! Next year perhaps.


..p..

5 comments:

Anuj Choudhary said...

Well my wingmates christened me Hula Button, after watching the movie!!! I am yet to watch it.. ;(

PreethZzZ said...

sounds fab.. have to watch it.. please remind me if i don't within the week!

Priya said...

@Hula - Ranvah gave me the movie.. good print. Its a bit slow. But a must-watch!

@Preethi - U r asking the wrong person to remind u :P

..p..

Abhinav said...

See this was much better than Underdog , sorry Slumdog

Priya said...

@Abhinav - I agree!