Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weddings and Friends!

Weddings are so 'IN' right now! Everyone is getting married.. My neighbour, my friends, my cousins, my young aunts, young uncles, old cousin's young children, acquaintances, dogs, cats, mice,ants, lady bugs.. all of 'em I say! But that's not the point..

Yesterday, me and a bunch of my friends (M,J,D and me) went for S's wedding. All were my buddies from undergraduation. As usual.. we did our foolish things, laughed like pigs, acted stupid and giggled over our goof-ups.

We reached the hall at 9:30 hungry as hell.
Me: I am hungry
M: They must be serving breakfast
Me: I guess they should. Let's find out.
Me (to some arbit juice guy): Sappadu enge serve panraange? (Where are they serving food)
Arbit Juice Guy: mfftuuuppwwsdf
Me: What?
Arbit Juice Guy: mfftuuuppwwsdf
Me: Oh! seri seri (Ok ok)
M: What did he say?
Me: No clue

D arrives.
Me and M: Go ask Arbit juice guy about the food
D: I just came!
Me: You want food or not?
D: Well yeah..
M: Then go ask!
D: Ok Ok.. Arbit Juice guy... When breakfast?
Arbit Juice Guy: No breakfast.
Me,M and D: :(

J arrives.
Me: Ask arbit juice guy when they serve lunch.
S: I just came! Why cant you ask?
Me: Bcoz I already asked him about breakfast and I cant understand what he says.
S: Why cant M ask??
M: ok ok! I will ask!
M to arbit juice guy: When lunch?
Arbit juice guy: *stupid glutton girls* In ten mins
M to us: *jubiliant* In 10 mins lunch will be served
All of us: yay!

The second 10 mins was up, we hurried to the dining hall. We were the first ones there. Felt like total PAKKIS. Hogged till the caterer forced D to wrap up as the next lot was waiting to eat.

We were in quite a hurry to leave because we had nothing to do. As the bride and groom were taking their three sacred rounds around the holy fire, we managed to thrust the gift into the bride's hand as she was yelled at by the priest for stopping during the 'sacred' round.

As we were leaving, a guy walked up to me, shook my hands and said, "Hi.. You remember me?" As usual I am clueless. Finally I came to know that he was my junior during post graduation. After a long talk during which D,J and M were laughing hysterically, I managed to leave and asked those idiots why they were laughing so much.

D: That guy was your junior from college?
Me: Yeah..
D: Well.. he managed to recognize you.. But not J who was also your classmate in P.G
All of us: Hahahhahahaha :D
J: That could be because I was turning the other way, maybe he didnt see my face..
All of us: Hahhahahaha :D You wish...

Attending weddings with my friends is so much more fun. Our incentives are boys and food. All we do is sit and pass comments and make complete fools of our ourselves one way or the other :-)

..p..

4 comments:

Abhinav said...

You seem to be famous :)

Inder said...

food is the highlight of marriages. anyway, the video guys make sure that none could watch the marriage proceedings live..

Priya said...

@Abhinav - Infamous is more like it! ;)

@Inder - Food+Boys/Girls as they case maybe :D yumm!

Anonymous said...

cheri - wrong wrong wrong..the first part of story wrong wrong wrong..:-)

D