Friday, May 29, 2009

Too many don't you think?

Once a friend of mine walked into class late, with a handbag that could fit nothing more than a pencil in it. Our professor stopped her and asked -

Prof - Is this how you come to college?
X - *blinks* huh? *Are my clothes torn?*
Prof - What are u carrying?
X - A bag.. *duh*
Prof - What's in it? Do you have any books at all? Where's your accounts book?
X - *confidently* Its in D's bike :D
Prof - And when will it walk from D's bike to your class?
X - *stumped* err..
Prof - What about your marketing notes?
X - We dont have marketing class
Prof - *Shit!* What about your management class notes?
X - Its with Y
Prof - If all your books are with others why the hell are you in class? And what is that excuse of a bag you're carrying? Get out!
X - *unlucky bag.. must get rid of it*

Since I travel by share auto, I see many women. I observe the way they accessorize, their clothes, hair-do, body language,etc.. I realized that many women carry a handbag, the size of brick. They carry their cell phone in their hands.. because the PM can call them anytime. Their lunch box in the other hand and an umbrella tucked into their armpit because it obviously cannot fit into the dumb bag. Oh! I forgot the 10x10 cm handkerchief forcefully shoved into one palm. Top it all, hands need to be free at regular intervals to adjust the dupatta.. Left side dupatta falling.. right side dupatta falling.. hair falling on face.. my my.. how many hands needed?

My question is - Why cant you just carry a bag big enough to put all your stuff in? Is it not fashionable?? Big bags are very 'In' aren't they? And with all your luggage you sit next to me acting as though I occupy a lot of space! Biladys

..p..

P.S - I wonder whats in the bag if almost everything is held in the hands..

3 comments:

Abhinav said...

Fair Question what's in the bag , though we have walked umpteen times without a bag to class.

Zaki said...

Oi....u also used to carry such bags during our college days...remember?....

cm chap said...

lol... Brought back my chennai days infront of me.....

Above all they dnt want their cloth to get dirty so they expect the guys near by to give them the max space.