Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Too many wedding bells.

Looks like girls and boys in my age-group are ripe as hell.

I am attending 7 weddings this month.. Not 1.. Not 2 but.. SEVEN! That's a lot! Everytime I get a a call from someone I barely talk to, I know he/she is calling to yell, "Hey .. Guess what.. I am getting married." I am like "Oh .. Congratulations.. What an unpredictable event!"

Every week I get atleast one mail saying "Another wedding to attend" or "Hi .. I would like to invite all of your for my wedding. Kindly consider this a personal invite and please make it". One girl in particular, who quite obviously didnt want me to attend her wedding sends me a mail like she is asking her manager for leave. "PFA my wedding invite".. who the hell says PFA for a wedding invitation?? Top it all the wedding's in Kerala and I get the invite a few days before the D-Day. Why'd you even PFA ur invite to me lady?

Recently I attended a wedding and met one of my college friends there.
She was like "Hi.. long time.. how're u?"
I notice that in her hand is a baby.
"Oh this is my son. he is one and half months old".
Me - Telling myself *This is a dream.. wake up*. "
"Did you know X is pregnant with her second baby?"
Me - Telling myself *This is not a dream.. its a nightmare. WAKE UP*

Now after the mating, breeding has begun too. (Thats very crude.. but what the hell)

Everytime I attend a wedding, for a second I think "Am I lagging behind?" Then the assurance steps in "This is one race in which I dont mind coming last" :-)

..p..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mani,u have some friends of yours who are in the same boat as you are..so ...no need to worry about this stuff..hehe:-)

Arch

mumu said...

please get married once i'm back ! I feel like wearing saree..meeting people ..listening to go's running commentary and eating nice ellai sapadu !