Sunday, May 17, 2009

I dreamed a dream

All our inspirational leaders tell us to dream. You know.. the cliched "Dream big/Chase your dreams/Live your dreams" and what not. But, you see I have a problem. I dream when I am not required to dream. Confused? Let me explain. When you are attending a really boring class, you drift off and move into another dimension .. imagine that happens when u really need to be paying attention!

During the interview at my company
So Priya could you tell us about your work experience?
Me: Well certainly.. I started off as a management trainee in HCL..
(Thought bubble) *Oh our Noida trip was so much fun .. Wonder what X is doing now.. How will it be if we make a trip there now*
And uh... uh... yeah I was in the M&A dept...
----------
During aerobics class
Instrcutor - 1..2..3..4.. Free step..
Me: (Thought bubble) *Hey.. I am actually getting the steps.. I remember them too.. Btw what was yday's choreography? Need to get to work soon.. Maybe I should catch a movie this weekend. Sigh.. need to go the parlour this week*

By now my hands are legs have completely lost track of the sequence.. and I stand like a tree.. my feet planted firmly on the ground and I have been staring at nothing.

Instructor - C'mon Priya.. dont stop now .. you can do it.. c'mon c'mon..
Me: Huh.. waa??
------------

You see it?? What do I do now?? I day dream, night dream, evening dream,.. all dreams only..

To dream or not to dream to avoid embarassing situations.. is the big question.

POP! *Bubble burst*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree! :-) I have this weird habit of drifting off in the middle of conversations. But I've perfected the art of maintaining eye contact and nodding at proper intervals. My friends think I'm a good listener and such shit. It helps that most of them are talkative too :-D But this happens only when I'm bored so I guess its pretty common