Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Simple movies.. that manage to leave a mark



I barely get to watch tv. Thanks to my dad and brother. In the mornings I barely have time to watch and in the evening, it is already taken by my dad. Weekends are the best. I get to watch territorial wars between my brother and my dad to get control of the precious remote. Since my dad is out of town, the TV is all mine. All mine I tell you. Mine! Mine! Mine!!! Muhahahha... Well that's only till tonight though. Sigh.


Anyways, getting back to the point. Yesterday I was watching Notting Hill starring Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant. Its such a simple and beautiful movie. Its a cliched story. But what really hit a home run was the highly well thought-off dialogues. Its so full of sarcasm, funny metaphors and well basically its my kind of subtle humor. Throughout the movie, the dialogues are so apt. None out of place.. All managing to convey the meaning perfectly. It helps you get back in touch with the romantic side in you.


Also, I like Hugh Grant's outfits.. simple pink and blue shirts that suit him sooooooo well *Drool*.


I just liked the movie so much and enjoyed it bcoz there was no 'I wanna watch the National Geographic Channel' or 'Put Sun Music' or 'Maanada Mayilada' or some unnecessary requests of that sort. The TV was all MINE :-). I was at peace.


..p..

3 comments:

Anand said...

ha its a nice movie...have lots of memories attached to it :)

Abhinav said...

Ya a nice movie

mumu said...

I loove this movie!
I think Julia Robets is awesome and my favorite dialogue goes something like.."im just a boy..standing in front of a girl..asking her to love him ? or is it the other way around..forgot fully !
need to watch it again soon !