Monday, September 28, 2009

Ahem..

With multiple layers of clothing to protect my allergy-prone body, I got into the share auto y'day. Pretty empty.. and I was glad the driver didn't cut short his destination due to the lack of enough passengers (Normally, if there aren't too many, he just says get down some 2-3 stops before the destination and says he wont go beyond this.. pfft. seller's market it is!).

Finally, when my stop did come, I gave him exact change of Rs.15 instead of doing what I always do - I hand over a Rs.100 note with a sheepish grin while he glares hoping I'd never got in! Despite rendering exact change, he called me towards the driver's seat. I was like 'dude I gave u exact change.. now what?' He insisted that I come over. Blinking, I went to his side and he was like -

'Madam cine field le interest irukka?' (Translation-Are u interested in the cine field?)
Me - ' :O what?'
'Interest irukkuna sollunge madam' (Translation-If you have interest tell me madam)
Me - 'Thanks.. but ille' (Translation-Thanks.. but no)
'Okay madam.. thanks'

There was only one thing in my head.. how did he manage to think I had a shot (even if it was for the role of the vegetable seller or some extra who hangs around int he background) under those layers of clothing. I looked like a member of the Taliban.. only 2 eyes visible. Well.. maybe he thought I had mesmerising eyes ;-) .. Who am I kidding!

Yeah.. well it was really weird.!
End.of.story

..p..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahah..oh my gd mani.. wat movie did he want u to act in..u should have got the details babe.. haha..-and song for ur movie also i know... wanna know a...

cm chap said...

Ha Ha.. come on u shd hv asked for more details....

we missed an opprtunity to see u big screens :)

Mayank said...

Hey!! Funny story.. I too have written a story about girls covering up their faces.. read it @ http://somedaysofourlives.blogspot.com/2009/11/punes-taliban.html